2017 Art Contest
TAP is pleased to invite students to participate in our 2017 Annual International Art Contest. This contest is open to all students in elementary grades one through four, including students from private and public schools as well as home-schooled students.
Theme: Cooperation and Understanding
Students learn and internalize stereotypes at a very young age; as a teacher, counselor, or parent you can help open minds and hearts. Please use the theme "Cooperation and Understanding" to foster empathy and appreciation of one another. We look forward to seeing how your students and children visualize this timely, relevant theme.
As our world becomes smaller and we meet people from all different kinds of cultures, it is very important to learn to understand and appreciate each other. If we can learn to work together rather than fight or distrust each other, our world could become a better place to live.
Draw a picture of you and your friends from other cultures showing how well you can work or play together in or outside of school.
Participation: Entrants will be divided into two groups by grade:
- Group A—1st and 2nd grades, as of September 2017
- Group B—3rd and 4th grades, as of September 2017
Prizes: There will be two prizes in each group:
- First place: $150
- Second place: $100
- (Prizes of comparable value will be awarded for those who reside outside of the United States.)
- Only one piece per student.
- Entry may be a painting, drawing, collage, or other 2-dimensional work only.
- Only digital files will be accepted; photos or scanned images of artwork must be submitted in jpeg format (high resolution). Files may be emailed or sent on CD. We will not accept hard copies of artwork.
- Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2017, and should be accompanied by this Contest Entry Form
- Results will be announced by January 31, 2018.
TAP reserves the right to copy and modify any entry for reproduction. Entries will become the property of TAP.