TAP Proudly Presents
The 2016 Art Contest Winners!
Congratulations to all of our winners!
First Place : Prize $150
Viara Plamenova Pencheva, Raycho Karolev School, Gabrovo, Bulgaria
Second Place : Prize $100
Anika Upadhyayula, Town Center Elementary School, Coppell, Texas
Zulfah Salsabila, SDN Polisi 4, Bogor, West Java, Indonesia
Aaryan Sajith Yoosuf, KGS School, Garhoud, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
First Place : Prize $150
Angel Sealtiel S. Muñoz, Baliwasan Central School, Zamboanga, PhilippinesSecond Place : Prize $100 (tie)
Prathmesh Jitendra Pancha, Modern International School, Muscat, Oman
Daniel Smushkevich, Calahan Elementary School, Northridge, California
Tyler Chang, Forest Ridge Academy, Schererville, Indiana
Kelton Chen, Lakeside Elementary School, Coppell, Texas
Syrus Gupta, Greenhill School, Addison, Texas
Siri Neela, Global Indian International School, Singapore
The Art Contest
This contest was open to all students in elementary grades one through four, including students from private and public schools as well as home-schooled students.
Theme: Friends from Far Away
Imagine a new student arrives at your school and the family is wearing traditional clothes from their native country, which are very different from the clothes that you and your friends wear. Draw a picture showing not only the student wearing their native clothes, but also how you and your friends welcome and include this person in your group.
The subject of the artwork entry is to be a personal expression of "Friends from Far Away." Artwork will be judged on originality of design, clarity of theme message, and artistic merit.
Participation: Entrants will be divided into two groups by grade:
- Group A—1st and 2nd grades, as of September 2016
- Group B—3rd and 4th grades, as of September 2016
Prizes: There will be two prizes in each group:
- First place: $150
- Second place: $100
- (Prizes of comparable value will be awarded for those who reside outside of the United States.)
- Only one piece per student.
- Entry may be a painting, drawing, collage, or other 2-dimensional work only.
- Only digital files will be accepted; photos or scanned images of artwork must be submitted in jpeg format (high resolution). Files may be emailed or sent on CD. We will not accept hard copies of artwork.
- Entries should be emailed to email@example.com by October 15, 2016, and should be accompanied by this Contest Entry Form
- Results will be announced by January 31, 2017.
TAP reserves the right to copy and modify any entry for reproduction. Entries will become the property of TAP.